My book: Farmers’ Markets of the Heartland
A while back I hopped in my sporty red Mustang to visit farmers markets in eight Midwest states. I talked with farmers and tasted their food, and explored history and ag policy and shot about a million photos. Now the book has been released by the good people at University of Illinois Press. It’s available on Amazon or Barnes & Noble and at book stores near you.
Check out the trailer for more “flavor” about the book.
If you’d like me to make an appearance, or to find out more, drop me a line at janine(dot)m(dot)maclachlan(at)gmail(dot)com!
Praise and other words that make me blush
Chicago Tonight, public affairs program on WTTW-TV
The Reader, Chicago
Market Mastery, Tasting Table
The Cottage Nest, Indiana
A few farmers I met on my adventure
- Judy Henry of Berry Patch Farm at the Des Moines Farmers Market in Iowa.
- The Boehnlein family of New Creations Farm in Ohio, who sell heritage pork at the Shaker Heights Farmers Market in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Dick Schwartz, who grows apples in Minnesota and sells at the Stillwater Farmers Market.
- Teresa Birtles of Heartland Family Farm, who sells at the Bloomington Community Farmers Market in Indiana.
- Shelley McGeathey, a flower grower and executive director of the Downtown Saginaw Farmers Market in Michigan.