Farmers’ Markets of the Heartland launches with a giveaway
Did I mention I wrote a book? I’ve been kind of quiet about it here for a while, during the editing, designing, printing, shipping…
And now I’m delighted to announce it has arrived! Farmers’ Markets of the Heartland is heading to a book store or mailbox near you. It officially launches on June 4, but some folks who have pre-ordered have received their copies. It even has its own Facebook page.
I am overwhelmed with gratitude for all the people who helped make this happen. I want to send a big smushy thanks to all the good people who sell and shop at farmers’ markets, and especially those who took time to talk to me during the busy season.
If you’re inclined, click over to Amazon to “like” it, or even order! Or stop by the online Barnes & Noble. I have particular affection for independent book stores, so please tell me if you spot it while out on your rounds!
Or enter to win a copy!
In celebration of the book release, I’m giving away the very first autographed copy to someone who’s been with me along the way, meaning the readers, subscribers and followers of the Rustic Kitchen.
You can enter a bunch of ways:
- Comment here telling me what you like about your favorite farmers market (don’t forget to name that market).
- “Like” Farmers’ Markets of the Heartland on Facebook.
- Follow me on Twitter or Pinterest, or both.
- Sign up to receive my newsletter.
- If you have a blog, post about the giveaway and link to this page.
Each of these touchpoints will get your name in the pot, and thus following me everywhere will improve your chances. If you send your friends and they follow too, ask them to tell me and you’ll get your name in the kitty yet one more time. Post on your blog, and you’ll get two little pieces of paper with your name. Next week I’ll announce the winner.
And let’s get together in person
I also have a few appearances scheduled, so please come out and say hello. You don’t have to buy a book — I’m just grateful for the sign of solidarity!
- May 30: appearance on Chicago Tonight on WTTW. I’m sorry I can’t ask everyone to the studio for moral support, but I’d love you to watch and send good energy my way.
- June 9: Printers Row Lit Fest with Chicago Tribune’s Monica Eng and chef Sarah Stegner of Prairie Grass Café.
- June 18: Floriole Bakery & Café: farm dinner featuring recipes adapted from the book, followed by book signing.
- July 9: Chicago Public Library at the Harold Washington Library Center.
- July 28: Organic Valley’s Kickapoo Country Fair.
Again, thanks to all for your encouragement and support!
If you enjoy this post, please consider subscribing to my newsletter, or my feed. And are we Twitter or Pinterest friends yet? Photo by Janine MacLachlan, The Rustic Kitchen, www. RusticKitchen.com. All rights reserved.